The Kidde Ionisation Smoke Alarm has a small, compact design. It has a test/reset button which can be used to check the alarm operation. Ionisation sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smouldering fires) sooner than ionisation alarms.
There are many different types of smoke alarms with various features for enhanced usability. Kidde recommends that for maximum protection both ionisation and photoelectric smoke alarms are installed in the home.
At least one smoke alarm should be installed on each level of the home and in areas close to bedrooms. A working smoke alarm provides the earliest possible warning of smoke or fire in the home and can double a person’s chance of surviving a house fire.
Approved by LPCB to EN14604 / CE approved.
- Test button and LED allow simple verification of battery and alarm operation
- Warning chirp sounds when smoke alarm battery needs replacement
- Utilises state-of-the-art ionisation sensor
- Loud 85 decibel alarm
- Hush button feature to temporarily silence nuisance alarms (e.g. cooking or steam)
- Mounting bracket allows for fast and easy installation (mounting screws included) and simple twist off removal of unit for battery replacement
- Power Supply: 9 Volt Battery (Supplied As Standard).
- Temperature Range: 0?C to 40?C.
- Humidity Range: Up to 93% Relative Humidity (RH).
- Alarm Dimensions: 98 x 98 x 35mm.
- Alarm Weight: 0.14kg.