The KF10 smoke alarm by Firex uses ionisation technology, and includes a battery backup feature is one of the most popular 230v mains smoke alarms in the UK. Interlink with as many as 23 other compatible units by Firex and Kidde be they ionisation, optical or heat. Once interlinked, the detection of the relevant danger by an individual unit will sound across all the connected alarms with an alarm memory feature to identify the source unit.
Ionisation alarms are for use in areas where there is danger from fast-flaming fires. This mains-powered unit complies with UK Building Regulations for new housing and associated standards (Grade D BS 5839, Part 6) and should be installed by a qualified electrician. It can be used throughout the home, except in the kitchen where a Firex Heat Alarm is recommended.
- Interlink with up to 23 Firex hard-wired alarms – all alarms sound if danger is detected
- Alarm memory – identifies source unit within interconnecting network
- Reduced energy consumption – lower lifetime running costs
- Combined Test/HushTM button allows regular testing of alarm function and can be used to temporarily silence nuisance alarms
- Auto reset after activation
- Tamper-resistant locking device – prevents unauthorised removal without the use of a tool
- Mains operation – 9V Alkaline back-up battery supplied as standard
- Power Supply: 230v Mains with 9 Volt Battery Back-up (Supplied As Standard).
- Temperature Range: 0C to 40C.
- Humidity Range: Up to 93% Relative Humidity (RH).
- Alarm Dimensions 127 x 127 x 39mm
- Bracket Dimensions 133 x 133 x 6mm
- Alarm Weight 231g